To rent a car from Meteora-Carrental, the renter must:
- Be over 23* years of age to qualify for the cars to rent available and at the same time have a valid driving license issued at least one year ago.
- Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to E.U.) driving license.
- Have two valid personal credit cards.
* The renters aged between 21-22 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge by paying the amount of 20,00€ daily
- When collecting the vehicle all renters need to bring:
- A valid driving license.
- A valid personal credit card.
- If the renter does not hold a credit card, he can only rent a car provided he has taken the Collision Damage Waiver insurance (C.D.W.) and pre-paid the whole rental value as well as the guarantee deposit of 450,00€
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return, otherwise a charge of fuel in addition to refueling fee of 10,00€ will apply.
- When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement which has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
It is very important that the renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at collection/delivery a form for damages on the vehicle.
All Meteora-Carrental vehicles are insured:
- against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.000.000,00€ per victim
- material damages to third parties (excluding the Meteora-Carrental vehicle) up to 1.000.000,00€
- for fire of the Meteora-Carrental vehicle.
If the Meteora-Carrental vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter’s culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.)
The renter can limit his responsibility for their legal share in any damage of the vehicle by paying the amount of 14,00€ per day for yhe car insurance provided that traffic laws where not contravened (i.e. violation of red light or STOP sign, illegal overtaking or paking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc)
Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W.)
The renter may waive the above deductible amount reliability of 380,00€ or 550,00€ or 1.000,00€ by paying in addition the daily amount of 10,00€ for the car.
Note: None of the above insurances cover damages caused by violation of the Greek traffic law, as well as damages to tires, mirrors, car parts underneath the vehicle and in the cabin.
Theft Protection (Τ.P.)
If the renter accepts (and signs) the relative contract terms, he disposes of the responsibility for the theft of the car by paying the additional daily charge of:
- 6,00€ for per car.
Note: Theft Protection (T.P.) is not valid in case of driver’s negligence
Personal Accident Insurance (P.A.I.)
This insurance, optionally available for only 5,00€ per day, covers the driver for death, total or partial disability up to 15.000,00€.
Collection / Delivery
- Just note that the renter is obliged to collect and return the car at the Meteora Carrental premises at the time set on the agreement contract.
Minimum one day (24 hours). After the 25th rental hour, an additional day will be charged.
Additional Driver (A.D.)
Extra charge for each additional driver: 3,50 € per day
Incident Administration Fee
In case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of 15,00€ in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and Meteora-Carrental intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 20,00€ additional to the fine’s cost.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges:
- 80,00€ for car (casic group)
Type Cost per day
- Child seat (until 6 months) 3,00€
- Child seat (from 6 months) 3,00€
- Snow chains 3,00€
- Navigation System (GPS) 5,00€
Equipment are on request and available only after a reservation.
In case of a cancellation of a reservation made through internet, within the period of 15 days before the rental starting date, Meteora-Carrental has the right to charge a fee of 10,00€ per reservation. Cancellations have to be sent in writing to: Meteora Carrental, Patriarhou Dinitriou 12 St. Kalampaka 42200 Greece or by fax: +30 2432094443 or by email: email@example.com
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, Meteora-Carrental will cancel the reservation after 3 hours. Meteora-Carrental reserve the right to charge the renter a one day rental of the car group reserved.
In case the renter returns the vehicle and it’s cabin has stains which require a special cleaning procedure (ie animal hair, sand etc on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc.), he will have to pay the amount of 80,00€
Ferrying the car
It is forbidden without an advanced written authorization from Meteora-Carrental Greece. In case of ferrying the car between Greek islands the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland (Meteora-Carrental branch) is at renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
Across the border rental
An advanced written authorization from Meteora-Carrental Greece is required as well as a valid personal credit card for guarantee. The cost for issuing the Green card and International Road Assistance will be paid by the renter.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact the Meteora-Carrental location from which he picked up the car in order to extend his Rental Agreement.
Meteora-Carrental in Greece accepts the following credit cards: Visa, American Express, Diners Club and Mastercard. In case the renter chooses the payment method of credit card for reservations through internet, VISA and MASTERCARD are only acceptable, until further notice. In case the renter chooses the payment method of cash Meteora-Carrental has the right to request throught the Reservation Department the rental prepayment either with a credit card or bank transfer, before car delivery.
The payment method for Early Bird reservations are obliged only through a credit card.
Note: Visa Electron is not acceptable
The above mentioned rates don’t include V.A.T.
All traffic fines resulting from violation of the Greek traffic law are for renter’s account.
Rates & Conditions may change without notice.
The Trikala Courts of Law are responsible for resolving any
disputes resulting drom Meteora Carrental agreement.